Monday, November 09, 2009

Not going to worry about tomorrow today...

I have always known that a good attitude and open mind can get you far in life and help you maintain good relationships…that theory of mine has really been tested lately….People say that money can not buy happiness, I believe those people are crazy. No, money can not buy you emotions, good health or a good family and friends, but money can buy you a car that works, and plane tickets to see your husband!! We are going to be needing a lot of money here soon…it is going to cost a lot to get Tybee ready to go cross-country and moving cost. We have 2 choices, let the AF arrange everything and move us and us pay anything over 5,000 pounds, or us arrange and move us our selves and the AF reimburse us for some of it…either way, we are going to need moving money…And we are going to be living in a hotel until we find an apartment so we will need cash on hand for that! Either way…here goes my story…It is really not anything important, I just need to get this off my chest!! ….TJ technically took a cut in pay when he joined the USAF but since we get a housing allowance, he is making decent money…I make what he makes with his housing allowance, so we do make enough to survive and we make enough so our bills are paid….but I really hate not being able to save more. Since I live with MawMaw, I don’t have to pay for near as much as I would if I lived at our house. And TJ only has to pay for food, uniforms and any entertainment that he might want or need. Since our house was on the market from April-November we had to keep on all the utilities, maintenance and mortgage. We decided to rent it out and go through a property management company to handle all the drama and money…but it has caused so much more drama…new carpet, fixed hot water heater, fix under the sink, new door frame, new locks, and new paint……………ALL WITHIN A DAMN WEEK…I mean…gah, can’t you space it out a bit. That means this month, we have to pay for all that PLUS the mortgage….Since TJ has been gone, due to a stupid dentist, I had to have a root canal and crown, then a different stupid dentist messed that one up, I am now on crown two! Although we only had to pay half, it still sucks.. Ok…now on my car. It was just that time for tune ups…new belts, water pump, and a whole bunch of other crap that needed to be cleaned out or replaced that I don’t understand…we spent $672 one week, then $160 the next….NOW I NEED (4) NEW TIRES….just when I thought I could see the light at the end of the car tunnel….Then someone left all of the interior lights on inside TJ’s car (thanks a lot!) so we are about to buy him a new battery…oh what joy! Plus, to be taken cross-country, he will need (2) new tires, new brakes and an oil pan, oil change and god knows what else…I am trying to keep this short….lol….We decided we needed to down size to a queen bed before we move so we swapped back with my mom (long story) on our bedroom suits..thing is, the queen bed had no mattresses…$850 bucks later, we have new mattresses, couldn’t really do much about that…”they” say buying a bed is more important than buying a car so we couldn’t just get cheap mattresses (although we could have spend way more…mattresses are insanely expensive) especially since TJ has a bad neck, he needs all the help he can get…..I am learning more any more each day just to go with the flow…Yes, it sucks..I mean really sucks right now, but at the end of the day, I am grateful. I have my life, which I am very fortunate to have good health and I have a job which can be trying on the nerves, but is still a great job. At least we have money, I have to say that, I mean, all of the bills are paid and we are still able to eat real food, I know it could be a lot worse. More importantly, I have TJ. He is really an amazing man and even more amazing husband. I am really grateful for him and all the sacrifices that he is making right now! I will not lie though, it is hard. We have been living apart since May 4, but it could be worse, we still have each other!! Either way, I guess the point I am trying to make is, even though my entire life has been turned upside down in the last couple of months with no hopes of flipping it back over anytime soon, I am still smiling! I smile because I know that some people in the world don’t even have clean drinking water and I am able to drink and waste (not that I do) what I want! I smile because I live in a country where I am free and can smile when and how I want to! I smile mostly because it is not the material things in life that are important. I know it is hard sometimes, but you have to step back and remember that our next breath is not promised to us and we can not take anything with us when we go. I am not worrying about tomorrow today; it is not fair to today. People waste so much energy worrying about stuff that they have no control over that they make themselves miserable. On a more selfish note: It also makes everyone around them miserable when they pout and whine about it. We should be thankful for today, we need to just take a minute to remember all the things in life that we do have….Like a heart that wants to keep beating and friends and family who put up with us. Sometimes life isn't fair...if it was fair it would not be interesting or fun at all...

No comments:

Post a Comment