Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Happiness

I am really in the mood to talk about attitude right now…because some people need to read it and mainly because I need to learn to accept others for who they are….Some people are just bitches and I can’t change them and I am working on that. My argument about happiness; it is really easy to live a happy and productive life and it pisses me off to see people making other people’s lives miserable just because they are having a bad day. I am by no means saying that I am always in a good mood, but it is very rare that you find me in a bad mood. Even with a bad mood on my shoulders I try to never take it out on other people or let it affect them in any way. I find that letting your negative mood affect others is very selfish. (Bottom line is I really needed to vent and since it is my blog, I can do that! One day I will try blogging about things I should do to improve my life.) Everyone has reason to be in a bad mood..Today I could be in a bad mood – but I choose not to be… I am a little peeved because TJ couldn’t talk to me - he got woke up this morning with only 3 hours of sleep so he needed to nap during the time we normally chat. (We can only talk on my lunch break – he goes to school/work at night)..I know that he would have loved to talk and it is in no way his fault that he got woke up so even though I am upset with the Air Force a tiny bit today, I am not going to let that affect TJ or the people I work with. And lets get this out in the open EVERY WOMAN MENSTRUATES (unless of course they have had their baby making stuff removed) ……….either way, we all do it….we all PMS….stop being selfish and bitchy when it is that time of the month. Take a midol, put your big girl britches on and DEAL WITH IT. Some people act like it is the end of the world when they are cramping…ugh HELLO you are not the only one..women have been dealing with PMS symptoms long before we were ever born AND without midol, so if they can do it..so can you. Ok…that off my chest. If you are in a bad mood because you are jealous, OMG…get over yourself. Of course we all get jealous at times, that is natural…but to bitch and moan because you know has more or looks better than you is just pathetic..I mean, grow up. When you act like that it tells the world a few things….First, that you don’t love yourself. If you truly love yourself then you shouldn’t be jealous of someone else, everyone in the world is different..you are unique..learn to love who you are..if everyone was the same the world would be lame. Second, it shows that you seriously do not love that person. If you really love someone, then you are happy when they are happy and when they succeed. Also..on this note, take a moment to think about why you are jealous and what you can do about. If you are jealous over someone’s special someone, then go out and find you one….if you are jealous because someone is prettier or thinner than you bygod…go to the gym! If you are mad because someone is smaller than you, that is just immature, be happy for them and take on some of their habits and learn from them. No one is stopping you from going to the gym or drinking more water or walking more. And remember, no one is perfect…so the person you are jealous of might have a 6 pack and perfect skin, but their shit stinks, too! They might have cankles or something, there has to be something about them that is not perfect. Some people seem perfect or happy all the time just because they choose too! You can choose to make the best out of every situation. Just love yourself and make yourself happy…don’t live by the mindset that the world owes you something. No one or NOTHING can make you happy…Happiness is a choice. It is an easy choice; some people are just so selfish that when they are unhappy they have to take it out on the people around them. Sad really.


*A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

*Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same. ~Francesca Reigler



*If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it. ~Mary Engelbreit



*He who has so little knowledge of human nature as to seek happiness by changing anything but his own disposition will waste his life in fruitless efforts. ~Samuel Johnson



*Every thought is a seed. If you plant crab apples, don't count on harvesting Golden Delicious. ~Bill Meyer



*To be upset over what you don't have is to waste what you do have. ~Ken S. Keyes, Jr., Handbook to Higher Consciousness



*The only disability in life is a bad attitude. ~Scott Hamilton



*No life is so hard that you can't make it easier by the way you take it. ~Ellen Glasgow



*Optimist: someone who isn't sure whether life is a tragedy or a comedy but is tickled silly just to be in the play. ~Robert Brault



If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.



The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.” Charles R. Swindoll


The envious die not once, but as oft as the envied win applause. ~Baltasar Gracian



Jealousy is simply and clearly the fear that you do not have value. Jealousy scans for evidence to prove the point - that others will be preferred and rewarded more than you. There is only one alternative - self-value. If you cannot love yourself, you will not believe that you are loved. You will always think it's a mistake or luck. Take your eyes off others and turn the scanner within. Find the seeds of your jealousy, clear the old voices and experiences. Put all the energy into building your personal and emotional security. Then you will be the one others envy, and you can remember the pain and reach out to them. ~Jennifer James

A show of envy is an insult to oneself. ~Yevgeny Alexandrovich Yevtushenko

No comments:

Post a Comment